Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Branford Boase Award 2007 Shortlist

I've finally managed (after lots of digging) to establish the full shortlist for the Branford Boase Award (you may recall I mentioned that Gideon The Cutpurse has been shortlisted).

Gideon the Cutpurse by Linda Buckley-Archer, Simon & Schuster
A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd, David Fickling
Stoneheart by Charlie Fletcher, Hodder
Beast by Ally Kennen, Marion Lloyd/Scholastic
The Awful Tale of Agatha Bilke by Sian Pattenden, Short Books
You're a bad man, Mr Gum by Andy Stanton, Egmont
Note of Madness by Tabitha Suzuma, Random House

The judging panel includes Nicolette Jones (writer and critic), Claudia Mody (fiction buyer for Waterstones), Annie Everall (Derbyshire Libraries) and Frances Hardinge, who won last year for her debut novel, Fly by Night. The winner will be announced at an award ceremony on Thursday 28 June at Walker Books in London.

I confess I've only read two of the shortlisted books - and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed Stoneheart, I'm unashamedly rooting for Gideon the Cutpurse !

No comments: