Saturday, March 17, 2007

Write Fantastic Event - Update


Despite the fact I feel like I could fall asleep at my keyboard, I thought I'd do my write up on the "Write Fantastic" book signing now whilst it's still fresh in my head (plus, I want to spend most of my free time tomorrow in typing up chapter one of my new Doctor Who novella !).

Sadly, neither Diana Wynne Jones nor Mark Chadbourn could make it as both were poorly - which was a disappointment as I'd heard nice things about both of them and was looking forward to meeting them (especially Diana as I've read so many of her books).

However, I met Jessica Rydill, Stan Nicholls and Stephen Hunt (whose debut novel, The Court of the Air (out April 2) I'm really eager to read). And I got to have a very fangirly conversation with Jessica about "Doctor Who", as well as talking about writing and books too. (I should say that I got to Bristol and back thanks to the generosity of Juliet E McKenna, who was the other "Write Fantastic" author at the signing.)

* * * * * *

Talking of Doctor Who, fans of David Tennant might like to check out this very funny sketch (via YouTube) from yesterday's "Comic Relief" charity TV marathon on the BBC. He and Catherine Tate (who played Donna Noble in the Doctor Who Christmas Special "The Runaway Bride") are fantastic together, and he's such a star to allow her to send him up so much. Oh and it features Shakespeare (his poetry, not the man) - definitely not to be missed !

No comments: