Friday, May 26, 2006

The Scholar's Blog Spoiler Zone

I have generally tried to avoid spoilers in my book reviews here at Scholar's Blog, but this has led to some frustration as there have been occasions when I have wanted to talk in detail about a specific part of a book but have not wanted to spoil the story for those who dislike spoilers. Therefore, since Blogger doesn't allow users to hide things under Cuts, as LiveJournal does, I have decided to create the Scholar's Blog Spoiler Zone. Any book which I have reviewed or am going to review that I want to talk about in the kind of detail that makes spoilers inevitable will therefore have a 2-part review. The spoiler-free part will be here on Scholar's Blog, but the part with spoilers will be available, via a link on Scholar's Blog Spoiler Zone. I hope this will meet my desire to give more detailed reviews without giving spoilers to those who want to avoid them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great idea. I'm sometimes hesitant to read your reviews because I strongly don't want spoilers of books that I haven't read. So I'll find this a big benefit. Cool!

Michele said...

Oh good ! That was my idea. As a reader I hate spoilers and want just enough information to tell me whether or not I think I'll enjoy a book. But as a critic there are things I want to talk about in detail that would constitute a spoiler to those who've yet to read the book. I'm hoping that I can have more detailed "conversations" with people on the Spoiler Zone Blog when people have read a book - because the whole Blog is labelled as being an area for spoilers, no one (I hope) need hesitate to discuss spoilerific material there...

Unknown said...

Great idea, Michele! I look forward to reading your reviews before I read a book, and participating in the spoiler discussions afterwards. Thanks for being so considerate!

Michele said...

Thanks, and you're welcome. I know how much I hate spoilers as a reader, but as a critic, I sometimes want to say far more about a detail or details that interested or intrigued me.