Sunday, March 05, 2006

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Quotes

I finished watching the end of season 7 of Buffy today, so I thought I would share with you some of my favourite lines and speeches from seasons 4 onwards.

Buffy to the First Slayer: I walk. I talk. I shop. I sneeze. I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out and I don't sleep on a bag of bones. (Restless, Season 4)

Anya: I don't understand how this all happens, how we go through this. I mean, I know [Joyce], and then she's . . . there's just a body; I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead. It's stupid, it's mortal and stupid. Xander's crying and not talking and I was having fruit punch and I thought that Joyce would never have any more fruit punch and she'd never have eggs, or yawn, or brush her hair, not ever and no one will explain. . . . (The Body, Season 5)

Xander: First day of kindergarten you cried 'cause you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far; ending the world, not a terrific notion, but the thing is, yeah, I love you. I love crayon-breaking Willow, and I love scary, veiny Willow. So if I'm going out, it's here. You wanna kill the world, you start with me. I've earned that. (Grave, Season 6 - Xander saves the world with talking !)

Xander to Dawn: I saw what you did last night. Thought you were all special. Miss Sunnydale, 2003. And the minute you found you weren't, you handed the crown over without a moment's pause. You gave [away] your power. They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie. To be the one who isn't chosen; to live so near the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realises, 'cause nobody's watching me. I saw you last night, I see you working here today. . . . You're not special. You're extraordinary. (Potential, Season 7)

Xander to the Potentials: Let me tell you something about Buffy. I've been through more battles with Buffy than you can imagine. She's stopped everything that's ever come against her. She's laid down her life - literally - to protect the people around her. This girl has died, two times, and she's still standing. You're scared ? That's smart. You got questions ? You should. But you doubt her motives, you think Buffy's all about the kill, then you take the little bus to battle. I've seen her heart - this time not literally - and I'll tell you right now she cares more about your lives than you will ever know. You gotta trust her. She's earned it. (Dirty Girls, Season 7)

Spike to Buffy: I've been alive a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes, a lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred plus years, and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of: you. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say, "I love you," it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy. (Touched, Season 7)

Anya to Andrew: I was kinda new to bein' around humans before. But now I've seen a lot more, gotten to know people, seen what they're capable of, and... I guess I just realized...how amazingly screwed-up they all are. I mean really, really screwed-up in a monumental fashion. And they have no purpose that unites them, so they just drift around, blundering through life until they die...which they...they know is coming, yet every single one of them is surprised when it happens to them. They're incapable of thinking about what they want beyond the moment. They kill each other, which is clearly insane. And yet, here's the thing. When it's something that really matters, they fight. I mean, they're lame morons for fighting, but they do. They never... never quit. So I guess I will keep fighting, too. (End of Days, Season 7)

Buffy: I hate this. I hate being here. I hate that you have to be here. I hate that there's evil, and that I was chosen to fight it. I wish, a whole lot of the time, that I hadn't been. I know a lot of you wish I hadn't been either. But this isn't about wishes. This is about choices. I believe we can beat this evil. Not when it comes, not when its army is ready, now. Tomorrow morning I'm opening the seal. I'm going down into the hellmouth, and I'm finishing this once and for all. Right now you're asking yourself, "what makes this different? What makes us anything more than a bunch of girls being picked off one by one?" It's true none of you have the power that Faith and I do. So here's the part where you make a choice: What if you could have that power...now? In every generation, one slayer is born... because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. This woman [points to Willow] is more powerful than all of them combined. So I say we change the rule. I say my power...should be our power. (Chosen, Season 7 - Buffy changes the rules and the world.)

One final thing - did anyone else notice the "Cheese Guy" from the Season 4 finale Restless also appeared in Andrew and Jonathan's dreams as recalled by Andrew in the dream flashback sequence in Storyteller in Season 7 ?

No comments: